Follow the Colonel and the Major

The Colonel wants to know if you are 'keeping up the rear'
If so, follow this blog and let everyone in the Empire know the good news.
Comments and suggestions are also welcome.
(Click on the follow logo you bloody fool)

Wednesday 12 November 2008

Mess Life

The Colonel had invited the Padre and I over to the officers mess for one or two glasses of gin of the pink variety. As my promotion was long over due I thought it best to take up the offer......another reason of course was that if I didn't go the Colonel would class it as 'desertion' and I would be summarily shot.

On arrival we entered into a strange world that only British Army officers and.........chaps who have been to boarding/private school would understand. The Colonel who as usual was holding court with some of the chaps from Mosquito Squadron, beckoned me over to his table and insisted I drink a strange concoction his batman had dreamt up whilst recovering from a particularly nasty bout of malaria.
As I raised the pith helmet to my lips I knew it was going to be a long night..............

The Major

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons Licence
The Society for Gentlemen Explorers by Chris Robert Cameron is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.