Follow the Colonel and the Major

The Colonel wants to know if you are 'keeping up the rear'
If so, follow this blog and let everyone in the Empire know the good news.
Comments and suggestions are also welcome.
(Click on the follow logo you bloody fool)

Thursday 3 July 2008

Face Him Like a Briton

I dismounted from the elephant and proceeded on foot, finally coming to the edge of a small waterfall. It was there that I saw him, a majestic beast, the king of the jungle, a fully grown adult male tiger.

I slowly raised my rifle as he turned to face me. I pulled the trigger but only heard a faint popping sound.
Hearing this, the tiger, squatted down, ready to pounce.

I faced him like a Briton and with great presence of mind I grabbed one of the porters and thrust him towards the tiger, enabling me to make good my escape.

Fortunately the lucky fellow survived having climbed a nearby tree, where he remained for seven days. Upon his return to our camp we congratulated him but as I did not want to encourage complacency I had the paymaster dock him seven days wages.

The Colonel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons Licence
The Society for Gentlemen Explorers by Chris Robert Cameron is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.